Tech Inspection Rules
A vehicle Tech Inspection is mandatory for all drivers wishing to participate in an ORPCA Autocross event. We will be offering an Annual Tech Inspection opportunity prior to the beginning of each Autocross Season. For information regarding when and where see our Autocross Event Schedule. Also – every Autocross event offers a Tech Inspection. Please arrive at the event by 7:30am to get registered and get the Tech Inspection done.
SA2005 HELMETS no longer meet ORPCA/PCA safety requirements. Now is a good time to purchase an M/SA2010 or M/SA2015 helmet. Please do not count on there being enough loaner helmets available.
If you have questions regarding your vehicle and its condition prior to an event please contact the ORPCA Autocross Chairman at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HELMET: This year ORPCA/PCA requires Snell SA or M 2010 or later. Older helmets are not acceptable. Face shield is required for cars without windshields. Loaner helmets are available.
- DRIVER’S LICENSE: Valid driver’s license required.
- SEATBELTS/HARNESSES: Must be present and adequate. Where installation is other than factory design, the seat belts (and harness if used) must be installed according to manufacturer’s directions using proper hardware, is in good condition, secure, and tight. Reference A-5.1 of the PCA Competition Rules for further information.
- ROLL BARS/CAGES: Roll bars are required in open vehicles driving in Modified classes, cages are optional. Roll bars/cages must be equipped with adequate padding. Roll bars/cages, when required must meet PCR Guidelines.
- BRAKE PEDAL: Free return and in good operating condition. Firm brake pedal.
- WINDSHIELDS/WINDOWS: No major cracks. Bolt-on windshields may be removed.
- GAS CAP: Gasket intact and gas cap tightened
- RUST: No rust or damage to suspension or chassis parts that affect the integrity of the chassis or brakes.
- STEERING and SUSPENSION: No excessive looseness in steering or suspension. Axle and shock bolt tight. Ball joints in good condition. Tie rods secure. Check axle boots and oil seals in good condition. Check half-shaft bolts and shock bolts.
- WHEEL BEARINGS: Correct adjustment, check for play, and no damage.
- CAMBER: (356 automobiles). No positive camber on the rear of any car.
- WHEELS: No cracks. No bends. All lug nuts must be torqued to manufacturer’s specifications, minimum on diameter of engagement. Snap-on wheel covers and trim must be removed from steel wheels.
- TIRES: Must be free of visible cracks or belt showing. Clearance between tires and any potential rubbing point must be in compliance of chosen car classes in PCRs.
- BRAKE FLUID: Level in reservoir between minimum and maximum line.
- BATTERY: Securely fastened and in good condition. No acid leaks or corrosion. Check fuel lines under battery trays on 914’s. The positive (+) terminal on all batteries should be covered by cap or tape.
- EXHAUST: Must be in safe condition, no leaks, securely mounted.
- FLUID LEAKS: No fluid leaks of any kind (oil, gas, brake, coolant, or transmission fluid).
- THROTTLE RETURN: Freely operating and good springs on cars so equipped.
- DOORS, HOODS AND DECK LIDS: Must fasten securely.
- CAR INTERIOR: Loose items removed from trunk and interior.
- NOISE: A maximum noise level of 96db is allowed. Vehicles which exceed that limit will be removed from grid until corrected.
- CAR NUMBERS: Car numbers must be affixed on both sides of car. See more info on numbers here: ORPCA AX Rules & Regulations.