- This event has passed.
Maryhill Loops Tour
June 12, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$95.00
Nestled among the foothills above the Columbia River in Southwestern Washington, the Maryhill Museum of Art has a little-known secret on its property: the private Maryhill Loops Road. (Note: See the location in map at the bottom of this page.) This road was the first macadam asphalt-paved road in the Pacific Northwest. The Maryhill Loops Road was an experimental road built by Good Roads promoter Sam Hill (what in the Sam Hill?). Laid in 1911 as the first asphalt road in the state, it achieved low grades with horseshoe curves. In 2.8 paved miles the road ascends 850 feet via a series of 25 turns, 8 of which are hairpins. Generally, the road is only open to pedestrians and bicyclists but on Saturday, June 12, the Oregon PCA will have private use of this road for a tour.
Cost is $95 per driver. Sharing of cars is allowed but each driver must register and pay individually. If sharing a car, drivers will be put into separate run groups (determined by car license plate numbers). Registration is open and will close on Wednesday, June 10 at 5:00 pm.
When you are not driving, you will have to work. We need spotters, starters, road cleaners and other various roles. Please note: No pets or children under 18 allowed.
If you are bringing someone with you – please just register them for the No Driving Registration.
- If you are vaccinated, face masks and social distancing are not required.
- Bring your own chair, food, beverages, sunscreen, etc. Nothing will be provided at the event.
Here is the Registration process:
- Communicable Disease Release (this is needed only one time and once completed, it is valid until February, 2022): Click on the link and follow the directions on that page. Only 1 person per form please. Please complete for the driver(s) and anyone you are bringing that is not driving.
- Release and Waiver of Liability – This waiver will be available for you to sign at the event. This is a new change. You do not need to print it out and bring it with you to the event.
- Provide all data requested to complete the registration form
- Pay the event fee
If you have questions, please email using this link: Carole Hedstrom
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here