2021 NW Passage
June 16 - June 20
The ORPCA Northwest Passage is “On The Road Again” with the 2021 tour! We will be featuring new and exciting roads with rolling hills, mountains, and switchbacks, as well as familiar destinations from past tours that we all have come to enjoy. This year’s tour explores the roads of the high plains of central and eastern Oregon, passing through towns named Wasco, Condon, Heppner, Sumpter, Baker City and John Day. From beautiful rivers and mountains, to undulating hills, this year’s Northwest Passage Tour will be a great drive as well as a feast for the eyes. To add more fun to this year’s tour, we will be offering an optional Sunday night stay at Riverhouse on the Deschutes.
Porsche of Beaverton will host a pre-tour social event on Wednesday night in their fabulous showroom. An event not to miss, we will be treated to a tasty selection of hors d’ oeuvres, wine and beer, amidst beautiful Porsches as we say hello to old friends and greet new tour participants.
The 2021 Northwest Passage begins on Thursday afternoon when participants meet where the Cascade Mountains intersect with the Columbia River. The Northwest Passage Team will host a welcome reception on Thursday evening with hors d’oeuvers, wine and beer to welcome participants and to provide a time for us to meet and socialize with one another.
Friday morning, our route follows the Columbia River and then up on the central Oregon high plateau as we wind our way east through Condon, Heppner and Sumpter, enjoying some spectacular scenery and fun Porsche roads. Friday afternoon we continue east to Baker City where a full street will be blocked off so tour participants can park and display their cars.
Friday evening, the Northwest Passage Team will host a reception with wine and beer at the historic and majestic Geiser Grand Hotel.
Saturday morning, we zig zag our way towards John Day. After lunch, we head west, following great driving roads with big sweeping curves and long straight stretches filled with beautiful scenery, before arriving at our destination, Riverhouse on the Deschutes in Bend.
The Northwest Passage Team will once again host its locally famous, always popular, keg and car wash following our Saturday drive. This event gives everybody a chance to wash the road grime off their cars, socialize and just have fun. A hosted beer keg and snacks will be provided. Saturday evening, we will enjoy a delicious hosted dinner together at the Riverhouse on the Deschutes.
Sunday morning, we enjoy a lovely hosted brunch. For those who don’t have to rush back home, we have planned an optional Sunday night stay at the Riverhouse on the Deschutes where you can sit back and enjoy the amenities of the resort, watch the Deschutes river flow by or explore the local roads.
Registration for the NW Passage tour will be online, and payment will be by credit card. Registration will open soon. This year’s NW Passage will be limited to 35 cars to ensure the safety of all participants. You will receive information about the 2021 NW Passage Tour and registration instructions in an email arriving in your inbox within the next couple of weeks.
The Registration is per car. Due to the COVID situation the attendance this year is limited to 35 cars.
We expect to sell out quickly due to the limited amount of cars. After we sell out a waitlist will open.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE 2021 NW PASSAGE:
- We will send an email to all active club members on 12/8/2020 around 8am PST announcing the registration link
- Clicking the link will open the registration page
- On the registration page enter all details about the driver, the navigator as well as your your car. Have that information at hands before you follow the link.
- Driver: First and Last Name, Email Address, Cell Phone Number
- Navigator: First and Last Name, Email Address, Cell Phone Number. If you don’t have a navigator enter N/A
- Car: License Plate, Make, Model, Color
- Cost is $725 per car (1 or 2 people)
- Registration is online only and payment is by credit card.
- After you successfully registered and paid,
- You will receive an email containing the details for the hotel reservations including room options, prices, and the group registration code.
- Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- In April 2021 you will receive an email with directions for the Release of Liability Waiver and if still needed a Communicable Desease Release
- You will need to download these forms with a link provided in the email
- Fill in the forms and sign the forms
- Scan or take a picture of the forms
- Upload the forms with a link provided in the email
- Driving Directions;
- The printed Route Book and login information for the Scenic App will be provided to all registrants during final registration Thursday night.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- We will follow whatever Oregon law is in effect at the time in respect to face coverings and social distancing when a participant is outside of their car.
NW Passage contact: Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here