2021 NW Passage
June 16, 2021 - June 20, 2021
The ORPCA Northwest Passage is “On The Road Again” with the 2021 tour! We will be featuring new and exciting roads with rolling hills, mountains, and switchbacks, as well as familiar destinations from past tours that we all have come to enjoy. This year’s tour explores the roads of the high plains of central and eastern Oregon, passing through towns named Wasco, Condon, Heppner, Sumpter, Baker City and John Day. From beautiful rivers and mountains, to undulating hills, this year’s Northwest Passage Tour will be a great drive as well as a feast for the eyes. To add more fun to this year’s tour, we will be offering an optional Sunday night stay at Riverhouse on the Deschutes.
Porsche of Beaverton will host a pre-tour social event on Wednesday night in their fabulous showroom. An event not to miss, we will be treated to a tasty selection of hors d’ oeuvres, wine and beer, amidst beautiful Porsches as we say hello to old friends and greet new tour participants.
The 2021 Northwest Passage begins on Thursday afternoon when participants meet where the Cascade Mountains intersect with the Columbia River. The Northwest Passage Team will host a welcome reception on Thursday evening with hors d’oeuvers, wine and beer to welcome participants and to provide a time for us to meet and socialize with one another.
Friday morning, our route follows the Columbia River and then up on the central Oregon high plateau as we wind our way east through Condon, Heppner and Sumpter, enjoying some spectacular scenery and fun Porsche roads. Friday afternoon we continue east to Baker City where a full street will be blocked off so tour participants can park and display their cars.
Friday evening, the Northwest Passage Team will host a reception with wine and beer at the historic and majestic Geiser Grand Hotel.
Saturday morning, we zig zag our way towards John Day. After lunch, we head west, following great driving roads with big sweeping curves and long straight stretches filled with beautiful scenery, before arriving at our destination, Riverhouse on the Deschutes in Bend.
The Northwest Passage Team will once again host its locally famous, always popular, keg and car wash following our Saturday drive. This event gives everybody a chance to wash the road grime off their cars, socialize and just have fun. A hosted beer keg and snacks will be provided. Saturday evening, we will enjoy a delicious hosted dinner together at the Riverhouse on the Deschutes.
Sunday morning, we enjoy a lovely hosted brunch. For those who don’t have to rush back home, we have planned an optional Sunday night stay at the Riverhouse on the Deschutes where you can sit back and enjoy the amenities of the resort, watch the Deschutes river flow by or explore the local roads.
Registration for the NW Passage tour will be online, and payment will be by credit card. Registration will open soon. This year’s NW Passage will be limited to 35 cars to ensure the safety of all participants. You will receive information about the 2021 NW Passage Tour and registration instructions in an email arriving in your inbox within the next couple of weeks.
The Registration is per car. We expect to sell out quickly due to the limited amount of cars. After we sell out a waitlist will open.
All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this event and complete all the required forms within 24 hours of your registration. Failure to provide your forms may result in losing your registration.
Requirements to attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- There is a new process for the “Release and Waiver of Liability” and the new “Communicable Disease Release”. Both need to be completed and uploaded for each participant within 24 hours of your registration for the event.
- Review PCA and ORPCA Safety Guidelines online before you register.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A.
- Attendance is limited to 35 cars.
- Cost has not been set yet.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required during this event when a participant is outside of the car.
Here is how to complete your registration:
- Review the PCA Safety Guidelines .
- Review the ORPCA Safety Guidelines.
- Download, print, complete the top of the form and then date, sign and scan the Release and Waiver of Liability (this is needed for every event you attend and all participants must sign it, you will need to upload the PDF or JPG). You DO NOT need to get a witness as we check licenses for all attendees.
- Download, print, date, sign and scan the Communicable Disease Release (this is needed only once per year, you will be asked to upload the PDF or JPG for each participant, or confirm these have been previously uploaded).
- Complete your registration within 24 hours of buying your ticket or you may lose your registration.
You will not be allowed to attend the drive without completing all these steps.
NW Passage contact: Jeff at email@example.com
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here
IMMEDIATELY after purchasing your tickets, follow these TWO steps:
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD, SIGN & UPLOAD YOUR COMMUNICABLE DISEASE RELEASE
If you previously uploaded it already, you are ok, no need to upload it a second time!
STEP 2: DOWNLOAD, SIGN & UPLOAD YOUR RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
You have to upload this waiver for EVERY event you participate in. You and your Navigator can share the same release. You do not need to have a witness for the form.