- This event has passed.
2021 Porsche Corral at Rose Cup Races
July 9, 2021 @ 7:30 am - July 11, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Join us this summer for a celebration of 60 years of Rose Cup Races July 9 through July 11 at Portland International Raceway (PIR). Continuing as a Portland Rose Festival event presented by Friends of PIR, the Rose Cup Races was the first major event ever held at PIR in 1961. Gates open at 7:30 a.m. daily, with cars on course by 8:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 9 a.m. on Sunday; races run until late afternoon. Fans can look forward to practice and qualifying on Friday, July 9; additional qualifying and races on Saturday, July 10; and a full day of featured races, celebrations and ceremonies on Sunday, July 11.
2021 showcases the best amateur road racing competitors in the Northwest from the Oregon Region Sports Car Club of America, Cascade Sports Car Club and Vintage Racing Sanctioning bodies too. This year’s seven amateur race groups include:
- Big Bore FOPIR Rose Cup Feature Race: Large displacement engine cars like Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, Shelby GT350s, Cobras, and Porsches. Four classes within one race called RC1, RC2, RC3, and RC4, depending on performance level.
- Vintage: A Rose Cup Races tradition with a wide variety of brands and iconic models that will have fans reminiscing about their favorite cars growing up.
- Spec Racer Ford: Open cockpit identical sports racer cars powered by 1.6-liter Ford engines put the focus on the drivers in this highly competitive group, with multiple lead changes per lap a common occurrence.
- Small Bore Production: Small displacement engine cars from Nissan, Honda, Ford, Austin Healy, Mazda, Alfa Romeo, MG, and more. Four classes within one race called SB1, SB2, SB3, and SB4 depending on the performance level.
- Spec Miata: Famous for tight battles and finishes that are just inches apart, these Mazda Miatas are also in a fight for a season-long championship in the Northwest Spec Miata Tour.
- Formula Ford: Formula Ford has been a class since the mid-1960s when it was a stepping stone for many Formula One drivers. Now it is one of the premier vintage racing groups, often with 30 or more beautifully prepared cars turning up at events. Many of the Formula Fords racing at the 2021 Rose Cup will be taking part in the Crossflow Cup series.
- Karts: Rounding out the seventh race group is the Portland Karting Association. Road racing karts are super quick with very close racing and are the prime entry point for road racers’ careers around the world.
Come and support PIR and the racing community and bring your Porsche to the Oregon PCA Corral. Parking for the ORPCA Corral will be in the South Paddock across from the South Staircase for the bridge. Your $45 Car Corral registration fee includes two 3-day admission tickets, special parking and a parade lap on Saturday and/or Sunday. Make sure you include the Oregon PCA club name when you register. Tickets can be purchased here: Rose Cup Races Tickets [Go to the Car Corral Option on this page.]
On the day of the event, enter through the main gate and let the parking staff know paid to park in the Porsche Club Corral. They will direct you.
If you have questions about the event, please contact Tom Floyd, Sales and Marketing Director here: Link to Tom Floyd, Sales and Marketing
NOTE – Please read:
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here