- This event has passed.
2022 Walla Walla Wine Tour – FULL – WAITLIST IS OPEN
May 13 - May 15
The Walla Walla Wine Tour is back for 2022!
This is a three day extended weekend event, combining drives on scenic backroads, visits to four leading and upcoming Walla Walla wineries and a joint dinner in downtown Walla Walla.
On Day 1 we will meet in Hood River at 9am and drive on scenic backroads towards Walla Walla. First stop will in Bickelton for lunch in the charming Bickelton Market Street Cafe.
With one more rest stop at Hat Rock State Park on the banks of the Columbia we will arrive around 4 pm at one of the most outstanding wineries in Walla Walla, Valdemar Estates for a wine tasting and some little bites in the form of tapas. We will be outdoors having the patio all to ourselves.
Day 1 concludes with a drive to the Marcus Whitman Hotel on down-town Walla Walla for check-in at around 6:30pm. We have rooms on hold Marcus Whitman Hotel (classic hotel) in downtown Walla Walla.
The evening is open for personal dinner arrangements. A list of recommended restaurants will be provided in the Route Documentation.
Day 2 starts in the morning with a drive on back roads through the Palouse to the conjunction of the Palouse and Snake River and then in a loop back to Walla Walla for wine tastings at three interesting wineries throughout the afternoon.
First wine tasting is at Balboa Winery, a rustic winery with very good wines with an excellent quality to cost ratio. We will have sandwiches and salads of choice delivered to the first winery at noon time. Ordering details will be provided after sign-up.
For the next two wineries we follow the model from last year’s Walla Walla tour: two wineries next to each other in walking distance. This allows us to split up into two groups to make the wine tasting more cozy and also reduces driving between wine tastings.
After the last wine tasting we will drive back downtown Walla Walla. You may take a break and refresh at the hotel, or have a stroll downtown. Walla Walla has many tasting rooms in walking distance to the hotel.
At 6pm we rejoin at Hattaway’s Restaurant for a group dinner. We have patio seating reserved. You can order from the full menu. This dinner is out of pocket.
For Day 3, Sunday, we added a driving route back through Heppner and Condon on the south side of the Columbia. The tour will end at Rowena Crest in Mosier.
RSVP will open on Tuesday, March 1st at 7:00pm and close on March 18th. Everyone on the RSVP list will get an email on March 19th with the link to the registration. If tickets remain the tour will open up for general Registration on March 21st.
Once you bought a ticket you will receive an email with the Hotel Booking Details.
We recommend to buy the tickets early and make the hotel reservations right away. The Marcus Whitman is holding our rooms until April 10th.
There will be one group with a maximum of 12 cars / 24 participants. All activities will follow the Washington State COVID guidelines in force at the time of the event.
We will meet on Friday May 13 at 9am in Hood River and start the drive at 9:30 after the waiver collection and safety meeting.
Registration fee is $140.00 per participant. The cost for wine tasting and Tapas at one winery as well as water and Canola Bars and the cost to develop the tour are included in the fee. Not included are hotel, breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
If wineries waive the tasting fee if sufficient number of bottles are sold, we will, like last year, refund the wine tasting fees
Requirements to attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- Registration is by participant. If you have a navigator you can register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars / 24 participants.
- Cost is $140.00/participant to cover the event expenses. We are getting the last cost quotes and may have to change the ticket cost, but hope we can stay at the same cost as last year
- Some wineries will waive the wine tasting fee if sufficient amount of wine is purchased. In that case we will refund the wine tasting fee (like we did last year).
- The start location and a printable PDF file of the Driving Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be send via email to all registered participants a week before the event. Please do not share this information with anyone else. Please print the route directions or download them to a tablet or mobile device.
- After you registered you will receive an email with hotel information. Please make your reservations as early as possible.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as recommended by Washington and Oregon state guidelines.
Questions: Please contact Tour Chair
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click HereR