- This event has passed.
Adopt-A-Road – In Memory of Marlene Ellis MacEwan
August 15, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Please Note: Registration is closed.
Our second Adopt-A-Road trash pickup, in memory of Marlene Ellis MacEwan, has been re-scheduled for Saturday, August 15. Marlene was an active member of the Oregon Region Porsche Club for many years. She was the social chairperson for many of those years and knew everyone! Marlene was tragically killed in one of her 911s in March 2017. We have adopted a road near where her accident occurred. It is a 2.1 mile section of Scholls-Sherwood Rd – from Roy Rogers to Stark Rd. (both sides!).
Gary Feldmann is organizing this event. It will be on Saturday, August 15 and he needs 12 volunteers. No minors are allowed (less than 18 years old). You will have to register online and fill out the appropriate paperwork online. Everyone registered will meet at 9:00am at the outer edge of the Safeway parking lot at the corner of Hwy 99 and Roy Rogers in Sherwood (20685 SE Roy Rogers Rd, Sherwood Oregon 97140) for meeting to review rules and then carpool to the site. Please see the map at the bottom of this page. If you are not registered you cannot attend this event.
Gary will get all the necessary equipment from Washington County. Gary will provide details to those signed up on what to expect and what you will need to bring. Washington County supplies the warning signs, safety vests, trash bags and trash picking devices. These are cleaned before every use and Gary will put each participants equipment in their own bag. Do not share this equipment with anyone else.
All participants must wear a hi-vis vest (provided) at all times while on the road shoulder. You are required to wear a face covering when not in your car. No ear buds, headphones, alcohol, drugs etc. Participants need to be alert to and stay away from traffic and refrain from turning their back to approaching traffic. Please wear long pants, closed shoes and bring leather gloves. Also prepare for weather of the day with sunglasses, sunscreen, face covering, hat, rain gear etc. You will need to bring your own water and snacks.
Requirements to attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- The “PCA Release and Waiver of Liability” and the “PCA Communicable Disease Release” and the “Washington County Release of Liability” need to be completed and uploaded for each participant before you register for the event.
- Review PCA and ORPCA Safety Guidelines online before you register.
- Each person attending must register.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required during this event when a participant is outside of the car.
Here is how to complete your registration:
- Review the new PCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did when you register).
- Review the new ORPCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did when you register).
- Download, print, complete the top of the form and then date, sign and scan the Release and Waiver of Liability (this is needed for every event you attend and all participants must sign it, you will need to upload the PDF or JPG).
- Download, print, date, sign and scan the Communicable Disease Release (this is needed only once per year, you will be asked to upload the PDF or JPG for each participant, or confirm these have been previously uploaded).
- Download, print, complete the top of the form and then date, sign and scan the Washington County Release of Liability.
- Complete your registration for each participant no later than Monday, August 10 at 5:00 am. No changes are allowed after this date except to cancel your registration.
You will not be allowed to attend the event without completing all these steps.
BEFORE purchasing your tickets, follow these THREE steps:
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD, SIGN & UPLOAD YOUR COMMUNICABLE DISEASE RELEASE
If you previously uploaded it already, you are ok, no need to load it up a second time!
STEP 2: DOWNLOAD, SIGN & UPLOAD YOUR RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
You have to upload this waiver for EVERY event you participate in. You and your Navigator can share the same release.
STEP 3: DOWNLOAD, SIGN & UPLOAD THE WASHINGTON COUNTY RELEASE OF LIABILITY
This is a Release only needed for this event and is required by Washington County.
- Gary Feldman