- This event has passed.
Arrive and Drive – Saturday, May 8: Bring Your Picnic Lunch – Event is Full
May 8, 2021$10.00
This event is full.
The 2021 Arrive and Drive season starts on Saturday, May 8 with a picnic lunch opportunity! To attend, bring your favorite Porsche (with plenty of fuel), and ideally, a navigator, picnic lunch and chair(s) to sit on. The drive starts in Wilsonville and will end at Marys Peak. No minors are permitted on this drive.
Marys Peak is southwest of Corvallis. It is the highest peak in the Oregon Coast Range at 4095 ft. The road to Marys Peak is a five (5) mile, wonderful twisty, paved road up to the Marys Peak parking lot. On a clear day the view of five (5) mountain peaks is spectacular. A half-mile hike, with 300+ft of elevation gain, will take you from the parking lot to more views at the top of Marys Peak. Please check the Marys Peak website here: Marys Peak. A $5 parking pass is required to park, but other passes are acceptable. Check the following URL to see if your pass qualifies: Passes at Marys Peak.
You will receive the driving instructions and where to meet via email after you sign up.
Registration will open on Thursday, April 1 at 7:00pm and close on Monday, May 3 at 5:00pm.
There will be two groups with a maximum of twelve (12) cars in each group. Group 1 will leave at 8:30 am and Group 2 will leave at 9:30. We will have a participants safety meeting at 8:15 am and 9:15.
All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this event before 5:00 pm on Monday, May 3, and complete all required steps. Registration is $10.00 per car.
Volunteers are needed for lead and sweep roles during the drive. If you are interested please sign up during the registration process for one of these roles.
Requirements to register and attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- You must complete and upload a 2021 “Communicable Disease Release” for each participant before you register for the event. The new waiver and all directions on how to complete and upload are here: COVID-19 – ORPCA
- Please print out the “Release and Waiver of Liability” and fill in the top of the form. Please bring this form with you to the event and sign it in front of the drive organizer. Here is the information on this waiver: Release and Waiver of Liability.
- Review PCA COVID-91 guidelines here: COVID-19 before you register.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A. Please see registration at the bottom of this page.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars per group. We will have 2 groups, one starting at 8:30 am and one at 9:30 am.
- Cost is $10.00/car to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required during this event when a participant is outside of the car. Social distancing is required for the picnic and optional lunch.
You will not be allowed to attend the drive without completing all these steps.
Questions: Please contact Tour Chair
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here