Arrive and Drive, October 10
October 10, 2020$10
This event is full.
The 2020 Arrive and Drive season will end on Saturday, October 10 with a picnic lunch opportunity! To attend, bring your favorite Porsche (with plenty of fuel), and ideally, a navigator, picnic lunch and chair(s) to sit on.
Registration will open on Sunday, September 27 at 5:00pm.
Organized by member, Scott Dual, we will start south of Wilsonville, and wind through foot hills, along rivers and valleys. We will travel on many twisty country roads ending in Troutdale for a picnic lunch. You can either bring your own lunch or get take out or desert at the Sugarpine Drive-in Restaurant at Glenn Otto Community Park. This park has a nice picnicking area with covers and grass. The caretaker says it is getting little use since these days and has nice clean bathrooms and facilities. If you want to get food from the Sugarpine Drive-in restaurant, we recommend pre-ordering your food as it can get very busy: Limited menu and desserts at Sugarpinedrivein.com
There is a maximum of twelve (12) cars per group with two (2) groups. The first group must arrive at the start by 8:30 am for the Safety Meeting and the second group must arrive by 9:30 am. Please do not be late.
All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this event before 5:00 pm on Monday, October 5, 2020. Please make sure that you have followed all the steps to register.
Volunteers are needed for the leader and sweep roles during the drive. If you are interested please sign up during the registration process for one of these roles.
Requirements to attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- There is a new process for the “Release and Waiver of Liability” and the new “Communicable Disease Release”. Both need to be completed and uploaded for each participant before you pre-register for the event.
- Review PCA and ORPCA Safety Guidelines online before you register.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A.
- We will have two (2) groups starting at two (2) different times. You must sign up for a starting time, either 8:30 am or 9:30 am. The drive should end around 2:00 pm.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars per start time.
- Cost is $10.00/car to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required during this event when a participant is outside of the car. Social distancing is required for the picnic.
Here is how to complete your registration:
- Review the PCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did when you register).
- Review the ORPCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did when you register).
- Download, print, complete the top of the form and then date, sign and scan the Release and Waiver of Liability (this is needed for every event you attend and all participants must sign it, you will need to upload the PDF or JPG). You DO NOT need to get a witness as we check licenses for all attendees.
- Download, print, date, sign and scan the Communicable Disease Release (this is needed only once per year, you will be asked to upload the PDF or JPG for each participant, or confirm these have been previously uploaded).
- Complete your registration for each car no later than 5:00 pm on Monday, October 5, 2020. No changes are allowed after this date except to cancel your registration.
- Pay the event fee.
You will not be allowed to attend the drive without completing all these steps.
Club contact: Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here
BEFORE purchasing your tickets, follow these TWO steps:
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD, SIGN & UPLOAD YOUR COMMUNICABLE DISEASE RELEASE
If you previously uploaded it already, you are ok, no need to upload it a second time!
STEP 2: DOWNLOAD, SIGN & UPLOAD YOUR RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
You have to upload this waiver for EVERY event you participate in. You and your Navigator can share the same release.