- This event has passed.
Arrive and Drive – Bring Your Picnic Lunch: THIS EVENT IS FULL
Sorry – this event is full.
The 2020 Arrive and Drive season starts on Saturday, July 11 with a picnic lunch opportunity! To attend, bring your favorite Porsche (with plenty of fuel), and ideally, a co-pilot, picnic lunch and chair(s) to sit on. The drive starts in Wilsonville and will end at Marys Peak. No minors are permitted on this drive.
Marys Peak is southwest of Corvallis. It is the highest peak in the Oregon Coast Range at 4095 ft. The road to Marys Peak is a five (5) mile, wonderful twisty, paved road up to the Marys Peak parking lot. On a clear day the view of five (5) mountain peaks is spectacular. A half-mile hike, with 300+ft of elevation gain, will take you from the parking lot to more views at the top of Marys Peak. Please check the Marys Peak website here: Marys Peak. A $5 parking pass is required to park, but other passes are acceptable. Check the following URL to see if your pass qualifies: Passes at Marys Peak.
Volunteers are needed for the leader and sweep roles during the drive. If you interested please sign up during the registration process for one of these roles.
New requirements to attend this event:
- There is a new process for the “Release and Waiver of Liability” and the new “Communicable Disease Release”. Both need to be completed and uploaded for each participant before you register for the event.
- Review of PCA and ORPCA Safety Guidelines online before you register.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a co-pilot you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a co-pilot, just mark the co-pilot questions as N/A.
- We will have two (2) groups starting at two (2) different times. You must sign up for a starting time, either 8:30 am or 9:30 am. The drive should end around 2:00 pm.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars per start time.
- Cost is $10.00/car to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required during this event when a participant is outside of the car. Social distancing is required for the picnic.
Here is how to complete your registration:
- Review the new PCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did during the Safety Meeting).
- Review the new ORPCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did during the Safety Meeting).
- Download, print, complete the top of the form and then date, sign and scan the Release and Waiver of Liability (this is needed for every event you attend and all participants must sign it, you will need to upload the PDF or JPG).
- Download, print, date, sign and scan the Communicable Disease Release (this is needed only once per year, you will be asked to upload the PDF or JPG for each participant, or confirm these have been previously uploaded).
- Complete your registration for each participant no later than Monday, July 6, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
- Pay the event fee.
You will not be allowed to attend the drive without completing all these steps.
Club contact: Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here
BEFORE purchasing your tickets, follow these two steps:
STEP 1: UPLOAD YOUR COMMUNICABLE DISEASE RELEASE
If you previously uploaded it already, you are ok, no need to load it up a second time!
STEP 2: UPLOAD YOUR RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
You have to upload this waiver for EVERY event you participate in.You and your Co-Pilot can share the same release.