Arrive and Drive, Saturday, August 8 – SOLD OUT
August 8, 2020$10
This event is sold out.
The 2020 Arrive and Drive season continues on Saturday, August 8 with a picnic lunch opportunity! To attend, bring your favorite Porsche (with plenty of fuel), and ideally, a navigator, picnic lunch and chair(s) to sit on.
This is a casual drive through the beautiful Mt. Hood National Forest. We will be following the Clackamas River for much of the drive with its beautiful whitewater viewed from your Porsche. Driving distance is about 100+ miles with a return to the start distance of less than 50 miles. Bring your picnic lunch and chair(s) and enjoy the beautiful view of Mt. Hood from the Eastern side.
The drive will start in Oregon City. Arrive early and have breakfast at Shari’s or a Latte at Starbucks. The drive will end on the east side of Mt. Hood with a picnic lunch. If you prefer a restaurant for lunch, Government Camp is available on the way back to Portland. If you prefer a longer way home, Hood River is just north on OR-35 and has plenty of places to find your lunch. Bring your favorite camera for the wonderful photography opportunity (weather permitting, of course) with Porsches in the foreground and beautiful Mt. Hood in the background.
There is a maximum of twelve (12) cars per group with two (2) groups. The first group must arrive at the start by 8:00 am for the Safety Meeting and the second group must arrive by 9:00 am. Please do not be late.
All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this event before 8:00 am on Monday, August 3, 2020. Please make sure that you have followed all the steps to register.
Volunteers are needed for the leader and sweep roles during the drive. If you are interested please sign up during the registration process for one of these roles.
Requirements to attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- There is a new process for the “Release and Waiver of Liability” and the new “Communicable Disease Release”. Both need to be completed and uploaded for each participant before you pre-register for the event.
- Review PCA and ORPCA Safety Guidelines online before you register.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A.
- We will have two (2) groups starting at two (2) different times. You must sign up for a starting time, either 8:00 am or 9:00 am. The drive should end around 2:00 pm.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars per start time.
- Cost is $10.00/car to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required during this event when a participant is outside of the car. Social distancing is required for the picnic.
Here is how to complete your registration:
- Review the new PCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did when you register).
- Review the new ORPCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did when you register).
- Download, print, complete the top of the form and then date, sign and scan the Release and Waiver of Liability (this is needed for every event you attend and all participants must sign it, you will need to upload the PDF or JPG).
- Download, print, date, sign and scan the Communicable Disease Release (this is needed only once per year, you will be asked to upload the PDF or JPG for each participant, or confirm these have been previously uploaded).
- Complete your registration for each car no later than Monday, August 3 at 8:00 am. No changes are allowed after this date except to cancel your registration.
- Pay the event fee.
You will not be allowed to attend the drive without completing all these steps.
Club contact: Eric at email@example.com
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here
BEFORE purchasing your ticket(s), complete these two steps:
STEP 1: UPLOAD YOUR COMMUNICABLE DISEASE RELEASE
If you previously uploaded it already, you are ok, no need to load it up a second time!
STEP 2: UPLOAD YOUR RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
You have to upload this waiver for EVERY event you participate in.You and your Co-Pilot can share the same release.
AFTER the upload, you are ready to get your tickets: