- This event has passed.
Maryhill Loops Tour – Waiting List
July 18, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Nestled among the foothills above the Columbia River in Southwestern Washington, the Maryhill Museum of Art has a little-known secret on its property: the private Maryhill Loops Road. (Note: See the location in map at the bottom of this page.) This road was the first macadam asphalt-paved road in the Pacific Northwest. The Maryhill Loops Road was an experimental road built by Good Roads promoter Sam Hill (what in the Sam Hill?). Laid in 1911 as the first asphalt road in the state, it achieved low grades with horseshoe curves.
In 2.8 paved miles the road ascends 850 feet via a series of 25 turns, 8 of which are hairpins. Generally, the road is only open to pedestrians and bicyclists but on Saturday, July 18th, the Oregon PCA will have private use of this road for a tour. This event was a big success last year!
Cost is $75 per driver. Sharing of cars is allowed with someone from your household, but each driver must register and pay individually. If sharing a car, drivers will be put into separate run groups. Refunds will be offered up until the day of the event.
Registration will open on Wednesday, June 24 at 9:00 am.
Once the Reservation capacity has been exceeded, this waitlist is opening. You can make a reservation here, but this is only a spot on the waiting list. If anyone is dropping out from the registration we will notify the waitlist sign-ups on a first come, first notified base.
Please note that due to Covid-19 issues, this is a participant ONLY event. No spectators are allowed. The number of drivers we can allow is very limited.
When you are not driving, you will have to work. We need spotters, starters, road cleaners and other various roles. You must attend all day 9am – 5pm, so please plan accordingly. Please note: No pets or children under 18 allowed.
Please review the new requirements:
Paperless access / collection of waivers and releases through download and upload on the web page:
- Communicable Disease Release
- Release and Waiver of Liability
Review safety documents:
- PCA Safety Guidelines
- ORPCA Safety Guideline
- Face masks and social distance are required for all parts of the event outside of the car.
- Bring your own face mask/ face covering
- Bring sanitizer and wipes
- Use social distancing at all times
- Bring your own chair, food, beverages, sunscreen, etc. Nothing will be provided at the event.
- Do not attend if you start to feel ill prior to the event
Finish your registration early. We expect this event to sell out quickly. Here is the process:
- Review the PCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did)
- Review the ORPCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did)
- Communicable Disease Release (this is needed only one time and once completed, it is valid until May 2021): Click on the link and print the file. Date and sign the form, then scan and upload the file (PDF or JPG).
- Release and Waiver of Liability (this is needed for every event you attend and anyone you bring to an event): Click on the link and print the file. Fill in the top of the form with the event name, location and date. Sign the form, then scan and upload the file – PDF or JPG.
- Provide all data requested to complete the registration form
- Pay the event fee
- The driver needs to be an ORPCA member in good standing to attend this event.
You will not be allowed to attend the drive without signed Communicable Disease Release and Release and Waiver of Liability.
If you have questions, please email using this link: Carole Hedstrom
NOTES – Please read:
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here
BEFORE purchasing your tickets, follow these two steps:
STEP 1: UPLOAD YOUR COMMUNICABLE DISEASE RELEASE
If you previously uploaded it already, you are ok, no need to load it up a second time!
STEP 2: UPLOAD YOUR RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
You have to upload this waiver for EVERY event you participate in. You and your Co-Pilot can share the same release.