- This event has passed.
Midweek Casual Drive, Thursday, June 24
June 24, 2021$10.00
Come join us for the June Midweek Casual Drive. We will travel in the Columbia River gorge, between Troutdale, Corbett, and Sandy. The drive includes nice curvy roads, with views of creeks, rivers, forests, and farmland.
We are planning on 2 groups. with a lead and sweep for both. There is no bathroom break, as most of the parks are closed. The drive is about 2 hours, about 60 miles.
Lunch is at the Ristorante Di Pompello in Troutdale. Please let the Tour leader know if you do not want to attend at the restaurant. We might be able to help arrange takeout.
Face coverings are not required outside of your car if you are vaccinated. Non-vaccinated must continue to use a mask, except when eating and be 6 feet away from people outside your household.
All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this drive and complete the required forms. No minors please. Registration is per car. It will close on Sunday, June 20 at 5:00 pm.
There is a maximum of twelve cars per group with two groups. Group 1 is the 9:30am start. You will need to arrive at the start by 9:00 am for check in and the Safety Meeting at 9:15am. Group 2 is the 10:00am start. You will need to arrive by 9:30 am for the check in and the Safety Meeting at 9:45 am. Please do not be late.
Please make sure that you have followed all the steps to register.
Volunteers are needed for the lead of Group 2 and sweep for both groups. If you can help, please sign up during the registration process for one of these roles.
Requirements to attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- You must complete and upload a 2021 “Communicable Disease Release” for each participant before you register for the event.
Go here for the new 2021 form and how to upload: COVID-19 – ORPCA
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A.
- We will have two (2) groups starting at two (2) different times. You must sign up for Group 1 or Group 2.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars per start time.
- Cost is $10.00/car to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required during this event when a participant is outside of the car. Social distancing is required for the picnic.
Questions: Please contact Tour Chair
You will not be allowed to attend the drive without completing all these steps.
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here