Midweek Casual Drive, Wednesday, September 23
September 23, 2020$10
The only Midweek Casual Arrive and Drive of 2020 will happen on Wednesday, September 23. Come join us and drive on some of Washington and Yamhill counties scenic roads travelling on many a winding road up and down hills and traversing through picturesque farmland and wine country.
Organized by member, Ravi Rajaram, this is a “compact” drive, less than 70 miles in distance with start and finish locations less than a dozen miles apart, both in the metro area. We will start in Beaverton ending in Hillsboro for a picnic lunch. Bring your favorite Porsche (with plenty of fuel), and ideally, a navigator, picnic lunch and chair(s) to sit on. Face coverings are required outside of your car, except when eating. When eating you must be 6 feet away from people outside your household.
All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this drive and complete the required forms. Registration is per car and will open on Thursday, September 3 at 7:00pm.
We are in need of a sweep for this drive, so please register for this optional role during registration.
There is a maximum of twelve (12) cars per group with two (2) groups. The first group must arrive at the start by 9:00 am for the Safety Meeting and the second group must arrive by 10:00 am. Please do not be late.
Please make sure that you have followed all the steps to register.
Requirements to attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- There is a new process for the “Release and Waiver of Liability” and the new “Communicable Disease Release”. Both need to be completed and uploaded for each participant before you pre-register for the event.
- Review PCA and ORPCA Safety Guidelines online before you register.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A.
- We will have two (2) groups starting at two (2) different times. You must sign up for a starting time, either 9:00 am or 10:00 am.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars per start time.
- Cost is $10.00/car to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required during this event when a participant is outside of the car. Social distancing is required for the picnic.
Here is how to complete your registration:
- Review the PCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did when you register).
- Review the ORPCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did when you register).
- Download, print, complete the top of the form and then date, sign and scan the Release and Waiver of Liability (this is needed for every event you attend and all participants must sign it, you will need to upload the PDF or JPG). You DO NOT need to get a witness as we check licenses for all attendees.
- Download, print, date, sign and scan the Communicable Disease Release (this is needed only once per year, you will be asked to upload the PDF or JPG for each participant, or confirm these have been previously uploaded).
- Complete your registration for each car no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, September 18. No changes are allowed after this date except to cancel your registration.
- Pay the event fee.
You will not be allowed to attend the drive without completing all these steps.
Club contact: Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here
BEFORE purchasing your tickets, follow these TWO steps:
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD, SIGN & UPLOAD YOUR COMMUNICABLE DISEASE RELEASE
If you previously uploaded it already, you are ok, no need to upload it a second time!
STEP 2: DOWNLOAD, SIGN & UPLOAD YOUR RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
You have to upload this waiver for EVERY event you participate in. You and your Navigator can share the same release.