October SUV Drive, Saturday, October 24
October 24, 2020$10
Come join us for the October 2020 SUV Drive (The annual Schnitzel Run). This is a SUV drive starting in Hillsboro, leading through the wine country to Carlton for a first stop. We then continue through the wine country to Bethel to the Wheatland Ferry where we cross the Williamette. From there we continue to Kaizer to the Bargarten Bavarian Social Haus. Driving distance is about 96 miles with a return to the starting point of about 48 miles. We can have lunch either inside or outside of the Bargarten Bavarian Social House. If you prefer to stay outside, please bring a chair and beverages. Bargarten offers takeout food.
Please note: The first restroom break is 60 minutes into the drive.
Registration will open on Sunday, October 11 at 5:00pm and close on Monday, October 19 at 5:00pm.
There will be one group with a maximum of twelve (12) SUV’s. We will have a participants safety meeting at 9:00am and and depart at 9:15.
All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this event before 5:00 pm on Monday, October 19, 2020 and complete all the required forms. Registration is per car.
Volunteers are needed for the sweep role during the drive. If you are interested please sign up during the registration process for one of these roles.
Requirements to attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- There is a new process for the “Release and Waiver of Liability” and the new “Communicable Disease Release”. Both need to be completed and uploaded for each participant before you pre-register for the event.
- Review PCA and ORPCA Safety Guidelines online before you register.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars.
- Cost is $10.00/car to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required during this event when a participant is outside of the car. Social distancing is required for the picnic.
Here is how to complete your registration:
- Review the PCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did when you register).
- Review the ORPCA Safety Guidelines (you will be asked to verify that you did when you register).
- Download, print, complete the top of the form and then date, sign and scan the Release and Waiver of Liability (this is needed for every event you attend and all participants must sign it, you will need to upload the PDF or JPG). You DO NOT need to get a witness as we check licenses for all attendees.
- Download, print, date, sign and scan the Communicable Disease Release (this is needed only once per year, you will be asked to upload the PDF or JPG for each participant, or confirm these have been previously uploaded).
- Complete your registration for each car no later than 5:00 pm on Monday, September 28. No changes are allowed after this date except to cancel your registration.
- Pay the event fee.
You will not be allowed to attend the drive without completing all these steps.
Club contact: Eric at email@example.com
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here
BEFORE purchasing your tickets, follow these TWO steps:
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD, SIGN & UPLOAD YOUR COMMUNICABLE DISEASE RELEASE
If you previously uploaded it already, you are ok, no need to upload it a second time!
STEP 2: DOWNLOAD, SIGN & UPLOAD YOUR RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
You have to upload this waiver for EVERY event you participate in. You and your Navigator can share the same release. You do not need to have a witness for the form.