East Side Riverside Fire Arrive and Drive
With the overwhelming demand for Arrive and Drives, on June 11 we are going to have two independent Drives.
Join us as we visit the remains of Riverside Wildfire. We all remember the destruction and explosive growth of the fire on Labor Day weekend in 2020. Come spend the morning driving your favorite Porsche. Be ready for some climbs, descents, twisty roads and amazing views.
We will depart from Oregon City follow the Clackamas River experiencing the transition and renewal of the Riverside wildfire area and then head back down and through the foothills and valleys ending for lunch or refreshments Molalla River Brewing in Molalla. There are food carts there (Burgers, Barbeque, and Mex/burritos) with lots of outdoor seating with lots of activities including miniature golf. Challenge a fellow member to a game! We expect to end in Molalla around 11:30 to 12:30 depending on how much we enjoy the stops.
The Riverside Fire Drive will have 2 groups of 12 cars. Registration will open on Thursday, May 19 at 7:00 pm.
Group 1: Arrive by 7:45 am to sign the paperwork; there will be a Driver’s meeting at 8:00am, leave by 8:15 am
Group 2: Arrive by 8:15 am to sign the paperwork; there will be a Driver’s meeting at 8:30am, leave by 8:45 am
Tour organizer, Scott Dual will lead Group 2.
Volunteers are needed for a sweep for both groups and a lead for Group 1. If you can help, please sign up during the registration process for one of these roles.
Requirements to attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- The “Release and Waiver of Liability” will be available to sign at the start of the drive.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator, please register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator question as NA.
- We will have two groups starting at two different times. You must sign up for Group 1 or Group 2.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars per group.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please check your Spam folder if you do not see an email with the directions within 24 hours of the event.
- Since this is a registration only event, please do not share this information with anyone else.