Walla Walla Wine Tour – WAIT LIST
May 14 - May 16
The Walla Walla Wine Tour is back for 2021!
This is a three day extended weekend event, combining drives on scenic backroads, visits to four leading and upcoming Walla Walla wineries and a joint dinner in downtown Walla Walla.
On Day 1 we will meet in Hood River at 9am and drive on scenic backroads towards Walla Walla. First stop will in Bickelton for lunch in the charming Bickelton Market Street Cafe. Lunch will be socially distanced indoors based on Washington State Guidelines, but you also can take your lunch outside if you prefer.
With two more rest stops we will arrive around 5 pm at one of the most outstanding wineries in Walla Walla, Long Shadows Vineyards for a wine tasting and some little bites in the form of charcuterie and cheese plates. We will be outdoors having the crush pad all to ourselves.
Day 1 concludes with a drive to your hotel for check-in at around 6:30pm. The evening is open for personal dinner arrangements. A list of recommended restaurants is provided in the Driving Documentation.
We have rooms on hold at Eritage Resort (pricey and fantastic location) outside of Walla Walla and the Marcus Whitman Hotel (classic hotel) in downtown Walla Walla. If you are interested in either of these properties please book by April 5. Another hotel option is the Best Western close to the Marcus Whitman.
Day 2 starts in the morning with a drive on backroads through the Palouse to the conjunction of the Palouse and Snake River and then in a loop back to Walla Walla for wine tastings at three interesting wineries throughout the afternoon.
All wine tastings follow Washington State COVID Guidelines, and in general you will have the option to taste inside or outside. Inside tastings are limited to groups of 6 each. Outside seating is under umbrellas or tent roofs.
We will have sandwiches and salads of choice delivered to the first winery at noon time.
The first winery is Rasa Vineyards, a raising star in Walla Walla. We have the facility for ourselves and tasting is indoors and outdoors. At 1:30 we start a 45 min backroad drive to the next two wineries on the other side of town. These two wineries, Woodward Canyon and L’Ecole 41 are located next to each other in walking distance. No driving between tastings needed. Woodward Canyon tasting will be outside, L’Ecole is inside with groups of six each in separate rooms. We will split up into 3 groups of six and flip the three groups between the two wineries for each of the tastings.
After the last wine tasting outside of Walla Walla we will drive back downtown Walla Walla. You may take a break and refresh at the hotel, or have a stroll down town. Downtown Walla Walla has many tasting rooms in walking distance, so you could even visit some of these tasting rooms.
At 6pm we rejoin at Hattaway’s Restaurant for a group dinner. We will split again into three groups of six, one group will be inside, two groups outside. You can order from the menu. This dinner is out of pocket
Day 3, Sunday, is for personal use, more exploring of Walla Walla or a leisurely drive back to Portland after a late breakfast.
Registration will open on Thursday, March, 25 at 7:00pm and close on April 18 at 11:30pm.
We recommend to buy the tickets early and make the hotel reservations right away. Demand for hotel rooms in Walla Walla is rising and the hotels will hold the rooms for only a short time.
There will be one group with a maximum of eighteen (18) Participants. All activities will follow the Washington State COVID guidelines in force at the time of the event.
We will meet on Friday May 14 at 9am in Hood River and start the drive at 9:30 after the waiver collection and safety meeting.
All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this event before 11:30 pm on April 18 and provide a signed copy of the Communicable Disease Release Waiver (see below).
Registration is $140.00 per participant. The cost for wine tasting and charcuterie and cheese plates at one winery as well as water and Canola Bars and the cost to develop the tour are included in the fee. Not included are hotel, breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
Requirements to attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- You need to complete and upload a 2021 “Communicable Disease Release” for each participant before April 18, 2021.
Go here for the new 2021 form and how to upload: COVID-19 – ORPCA
- Please print the “Release and Waiver of Liability” and fill in the top of the form.
Please bring this form with you to the event and sign it in front of the drive organizer.
Go here to download this waiver: Release and Waiver of Liability.
- Review PCA COVID-91 guidelines here: COVID-19 before April 18, 2021.
- Registration is by participant. If you have a navigator you can register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A.
- Attendance is limited to 18 participants.
- Cost is $140.00/participant to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of the Driving Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be send via email to all registered participants a week before the event. Please do not share this information with anyone else. Please print the route directions or download them to a tablet or mobile device.
- After you registered you will receive an email with hotel information. Please make your reservations as early as possible.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required during this event when a participant is outside of the car (and not actively eating or drinking).
You need to provide both waivers for being able to attend the drive.
Questions: Please contact Tour Chair
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here