Registration will open again in early 2020. The Autocross team uses Motorsportreg registration. Use the registration links on the Autocross events above or click here to see the ORPCA events list on Motorsportreg.com
Oregon PCA Autocross
Your ORPCA Autocross team warmly welcomes all newcomers to join us in the pursuit of speed and car control. The ORPCA autocross experience is full of fun, camaraderie and a great way to make new friends. We currently have an average of 25-30 Porsche drivers entered at each event, and other marques are invited to participate. Autocross is a great way to teach Porsche drivers the handling and braking basics in a controlled environment. Whether you are a seasoned driver that needs a brush-up, or a novice with a desire to improve basic driving techniques, autocross may be the event for you. Need coaching or instruction? There are a number of skilled drivers that form our instructor base. They are happy to help, be it a casual question or some instructional “seat time”.
Located at Portland International Raceway’s (PIR’s) North or South Paddocks, participation is limited to about 60 participants per event. This allows for a better participant experience and ensures we’re able to efficiently manage the run groups. Please register early if you are interested in participating. Walk-ins will not be accepted and people on the waitlist will be added in order (priority to members) if there are cancellations.
Work assignments are mandatory and will be enforced. It takes volunteers to keep this event going. If you drive, you work………no exceptions. We realize some folks have special circumstances that may prevent them from working in specific roles. We’ll do our best to accommodate you. But we ask that you consider whether the physical aspects of autocross are appropriate given your individual health.
What to Expect?
- Arrive at PIR no later than 7:30am. Please note that information on accessing the correct paddock is included on each event page and look for the ORPCA Autocross signs when you enter PIR
- 7:30 to 8:30am – Our Check-In desk is open. Registered participants must check in at the desk. (Walk-in registrations will not be accepted.) You must sign our liability waiver and get a wristband. Volunteers will then check you in, verify your car number, and provide your work assignment, run group, and the course map.
- 7:30 to 8:30am – Tech Inspection is open. If you do not have a 2020 Tech Inspection sticker, you must get your car inspected your first event of the season.
- The course is open for walking when the design committee releases it, generally, around 8:00am
- 8:45am – Mandatory Driver’s Meeting
- 9:00am – First car out
- Two run groups – 60 car total limit
What are the Requirements?
Participants 18 years and older are required to have a valid Driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Participants 16 and 17 years old must have a valid Driver’s license. They must complete a Junior Participation Program form which includes the Waiver and Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement for Minors in Restricted Areas, Driving or Riding form for the parents or legal guardians to complete. A copy can be found online on this web site in the members section under Standards, Guidelines, and Forms.
Passengers are not allowed to ride in any participant’s car unless they are a Certified ORPCA Instructor. Anyone may ride in a Certified ORPCA Instructor’s car.
What to Bring?
Always dress for the weather. A tarmac can run 20 to 30 degrees hotter than the ambient air temperature and you will be standing for possibly 1 to 2 hours. In the rain, umbrellas and hats are good. If it is below 50 degrees and raining, wear waterproof gear and stay warm. Other general things include:
- Helmet (2010 or 2015 SA or M Snell rated) – Limited Loaner Helmets Available
- Bottled water
- Fruit and or snacks
- Jacket and hat
- Change of shoes
Please check the other sections under the Autocross menu for more information.