June SUV Drive: Mosey to Manzanita – Cancelled
Sorry – we have cancelled this drive due to extreme heat that is predicted and projected heavy traffic on the planned route to the coast.
Enjoy a full day tour to the coast with optional gravel segments and a picnic lunch. We will start in NE Hillsboro and end the morning at the Nehalem City Park located at 12705 Hugo St. The main route is all paved and depending on interest those willing to enjoy a little gravel will have two opportunities of 7 miles and 15 miles during the drive. The park has 2 large picnic tables under cover in the event there is rain. Bring your picnic lunch and chair(s) if you wish to be socially distant from one of the tables.
There will be one group with a maximum of fourteen (14) SUV’s. We will have a participants safety meeting at 8:45 am and depart at 9:00 am. Please arrive by 8:30 am.
All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this event before 5:00 pm on Wednesday, June 23, 2021 – No minors please. Please make sure that you have followed all the steps to register.
Volunteers are needed for 1 leader of the all paved group and 2 sweep roles during the drive. If you are interested please sign up during the registration process for one of these roles.
Requirements to register and attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- You must complete and upload a 2021 “Communicable Disease Release” for each participant before you register for the event. The new waiver and all directions on how to complete and upload are here: COVID-19 – ORPCA
- The “Release and Waiver of Liability” will be available to sign at the start of the drive.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A. Please see registration at the bottom of this page.
- Attendance is limited to 14 cars per group.
- Cost is $10.00/car to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- If you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, face coverings and social distancing are not required during this event. If you have not been vaccinated, please continue to use a mask and social distancing.
You will not be allowed to attend the drive without completing all these steps.
Questions: Please contact Tour Chair
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here