May SUV Drive: Journey into Uncharted Territory – Bring Your Picnic Lunch
The 3nd SUV drive of the season heads southeast. The first of three legs travels on Willamette Valley backroads to Molalla for a rest stop. From there, the next leg loops east through some of the forest that was burned in last summers fire and suffered additional damage in the winter ice and snow storm, ending in Scotts Mills for a picnic lunch. Following lunch we will drive past more areas with fire damage as we return to the metropolitan area.
You may be asking about the name for the drive and the answer is that several of the roads are remote enough that Google street view has not yet filmed them. The pavement is fairly decent, however there are a couple of places where you can check to see how stiff your suspension is and a few more that might test the condition of your shock absorbers. There are some narrow sections with no center lines and no shoulders and one section that perhaps is not wide enough for two cars.
Total drive time is approximately 3.5 hours.
There will be one group with a maximum of twelve (12) SUV’s. We will have a participants safety meeting at 9:00 am and and depart at 9:15. Please arrive at the start by 8:45 so we can complete check in and the 2nd required form. All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this event before 5:00 pm on Wednesday, May 19th, and complete all required steps. Registration is $10.00 per SUV.
A Volunteer is needed for the sweep role during the drive. If you are interested please sign up during the registration process.
Requirements to attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- If you have not already done so, you must complete and upload a 2021 “Communicable Disease Release” for each participant before you register for the event.
Go here for the new 2021 form and how to upload: COVID-19 – ORPCA
- Please print out the “Release and Waiver of Liability” and fill in the top of the form.
Please bring this form with you to the event and sign it in front of the drive organizer.
Here is the information on this waiver: Release and Waiver of Liability.
- Review PCA COVID-91 guidelines here: COVID-19 before you register.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars.
- Cost is $10.00/car to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required during this event when a participant is outside of the car. Social distancing is required for the picnic or lunch.
You need to provide both waivers for being able to attend the drive.
Questions: Go to firstname.lastname@example.org