October SUV Drive: 2 Openings
This event has 2 openings as of Sunday 10/17.
Join us for the October SUV drive for a leisurely drive through the wine country and West Hills. The first leg travels on scenic backroads to Carlton Lower Park for a rest stop. The second leg travels on backroads through the Carlton and Yamhill wine area, then circumvents Forest Grove to the west and continues up to Skyline in the West Hills and Forest Heights.
SUV tour organizer, Heinz Holzapfel and his wife Sylvia, will host a backyard gathering at their home with grilled sausages, Sauerkraut and Bavarian beer.
There will be one group with a maximum of twelve (12) vehicles. Please plan to arrive by 8:30am. The mandatory safety meeting will be at 8:45am and we will leave at 9:00am. All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this event.
No minors please. Only 2 people per vehicle. Registration will close on Wednesday, October 20 at 5:00pm.
A volunteer is needed to sweep during the drive. If you are interested please sign up during the registration process.
- The “Release and Waiver of Liability” will be available to sign at the start of the drive.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as NA. Please see registration at the bottom of this page.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars.
- Cost is $10.00/car to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else. Please check your SPAM folder if you do not get an email from Heinz Holzapfel by 5:00pm the day before the event.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required when you are outside your car during this event due to the Oregon mandate for masks outdoors.
Questions: Please contact Kurt, Tour Chair
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here