There are 2 openings for this drive. Registration will close at 7:00pm on Thursday, April 27.
This is our classic Three Ferries tour!
This year we have two changes:
- The Drive will be end of April instead of end of March (with all of our late winter weather events)
- The drive and will end at the Ankeny Vineyards south of Salem, because our beloved Bavarian Social House in Keizer is now closed.
The drive is a leisurely spring drive with plenty stops:
Leg 1: From West Lynn to Canby Ferry to Champoeg State Park (First Rest Stop)
Leg 2: From Champoeg State Park to the Wheatland Ferry to Maud Williamson State Recreation Site (Second Rest Stop and Snack Time)
Leg 3: From Maud Williamson State Recreation Site through Bethel Heights wine country to Independence to Buena Vista County Park (Third Rest Stop)
Leg 4: From Buena Vista County Park over the Buena Vista Ferry, following the Willamette River northwards to Ankeny Winery. (Fourth Stop and Late Lunch).
We meet at 9am in West Lynn.
- The driving directions will be sent to all registered members 2 days before the event.
- 4 legs, three ferry crossings
- Total: 95.4 miles – 4 hrs 16 mins driving time
- Paved Road: 95 Miles
- Unpaved Road: 0.4 miles – on the ferries
- Drive Category:
- This SUV drive on paved roads suitable for any SUV or car. You can join in a regular Porsche sports car, just keep in mind the ramps on and off the ferries are steep.
- The “Release and Waiver of Liability” will be available to sign at the start of the drive.
- Registration is by car. Each driver please register their car. If you have a navigator, please register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as NA. Please see registration at the bottom of this page.
- Attendance is limited to 15 cars.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else. Please check your SPAM folder if you do not get an email with this information by 5:00pm the day before the event.
Questions: Please contact Kurt, Tour Chair
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here