July SUV Drive: Mt. Hood Rock ‘n Roll
Enjoy a SUV drive around Mt Hood. High clearance level vehicles are required as there are a number of roads that are gravel.
The drive is very scenic, bring your camera!
We will start in Sandy. From there the tour goes to the Zig Zag Ranger Station, up to Lolo Pass and down to Lost Lake for a Rest Stop and Photo Op. Then from Lost Lake to Parkdale and on the Cooper Spur Road and climbing up to Cloud Cap for a Picnic. This final leg is from Clod Cap over to Government Camp for a final stop at the Mt. Hood Brewing Company.
We will use Forest Service camp Grounds and Facilities. Please make sure you have a Forest Service Day Pass or other coverage. You can get a day pass online at Mt Hood Passes.
There will be one group with a maximum of twelve (12) SUV’s or higher clearance vehicles. We will have a participants safety meeting at 9 am and depart at 9:15 am. Please plan to arrive by 8:45 am. All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this event before 5:00 pm on Thursday, July 22, 2021 – No minors please.
A volunteer is needed to sweep during the drive. If you are interested please sign up during the registration process.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A. Please see registration at the bottom of this page.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars.
- Cost is $10.00/car to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- If you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, face coverings and social distancing are not required during this event. If you have not been vaccinated, please continue to use a mask and social distancing.
Questions: Please contact Tour Chair
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here
Questions: Go to email@example.com