- This event has passed.
March SUV Drive
March 27, 2021$10.00
Welcome to the first SUV drive of the season! If you read about Posse drive article in the March Anzeiger you already have an idea what to expect for this SUV drive. The route is slightly different, but the key element is the same: cross the Willamette three times on three different ferries.
The start of the drive is in West Lynn and ends in Keizer. We will have a picnic at the Buena Vista Park right before crossing the river on the Buena Vista Ferry for the last leg of the tour. After the last river crossing a stop at the Keizer Bargarten Restaurant is optional depending on the COVID restrictions and group vaccination status.
The drive statistics:
- 4 legs, 3 rest stops, 3 ferries
- Total distance: 122 (plus return from Keizer)
- Total Drive Time: 4hrs 25 mins
- Total Time with rest stops and ferries: 5hrs 40 mins (15 mins/rest stop, 10 mins/ferry)
You will receive the driving instructions and where to meet via email after you sign up.
Registration will open on Wednesday, March 17 at 7:00pm and close on Wednesday, March 24 at 5:00pm.
There will be one group with a maximum of twelve (12) SUV’s. We will have a participants safety meeting at 9:00am and and depart at 9:15.
All participants, driver and navigator (if you have one), must register for this event before 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 24, and complete all required steps. Registration is $10.00 per car.
Volunteers are needed for the sweep role during the drive. If you are interested please sign up during the registration process for one of these roles.
Requirements to attend this event – PLEASE READ:
- You must complete and upload a 2021 “Communicable Disease Release” for each participant before you register for the event.
Go here for the new 2021 form and how to upload: COVID-19 – ORPCA
- Please print out the “Release and Waiver of Liability” and fill in the top of the form.
Please bring this form with you to the event and sign it in front of the drive organizer.
Here is the information on this waiver: Release and Waiver of Liability.
- Review PCA COVID-91 guidelines here: COVID-19 before you register.
- Registration is by car. Each driver must register their car. If you have a navigator you will register that person at the same time. If you don’t have a navigator, just mark the navigator questions as N/A.
- Attendance is limited to 12 cars.
- Cost is $10.00/car to cover the event expenses.
- The start location and a printable PDF file of Printed Route Directions and Scenic Navigation App Access will be provided a day before the event to all registrants. Please do not share this information with anyone else.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required during this event when a participant is outside of the car. Social distancing is required for the picnic and optional lunch.
You need to provide both waivers for being able to attend the drive.
Questions: Please contact Tour Chair
Event Policies Regarding Photography and Recordings: Click Here